Accounting & Finance Associate
Location: Philadelphia, PA
The Accounting & Finance Associate will report directly to the CFO. Support will include but not be limited to assistance in entering journal entries, reconciling cash, accounts payable, accounts receivable and monthly financial reporting. In addition, this position will provide support to the Sales group on a project basis.
- Ensure that all invoices, expense reports, credit card transactions and staff payment requests are appropriately coded on a weekly basis.
- Record payments in an accurate and timely manner, prepare weekly deposits.
- Daily bank reconciliation and cash report.
- Review and preparation of monthly journal entries as part of monthly and quarterly close in accordance with US GAAP.
- Accurate Profit and Loss reporting including detailed variance analysis of budget related to actuals
- Delivery of ad-hoc reporting requests, detailed account analysis and other duties as needed to support the monthly and quarterly close process.
- Provide weekly reporting and support to the Sales team by preparing a weekly sales report and any other ad-hoc customer data requests
- Assist the CFO with preparation of the annual budget
- Contribute to a working environment and culture, which encourages teamwork, positive energy, innovation and fun.
- Be prepared to “get your hands dirty” and demonstration of an ownership mentality. May be asked to assist in working some tournament weekends.
- 1-3 years of accounting or finance experience including general ledge entry, financial statement preparation and budget variance analysis
- Bachelors degree, preferably in Finance or Accounting
- Possess excellent interpersonal, organizational and communicational skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Expert skills in Excel with a working knowledge of pivot tables, vlookups and other data management tools
- Knowledge of Quickbooks is a plus
- A passion for sports, knowledge of the lacrosse industry is a plus
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Extensive health and dental benefits package
How to Apply
Complete below form with necessary contact information and resume upload: