Looking back on the nine years of running the Boys Philly Showcase, there have been hundreds of players to go on and play collegiately. One year in particular stands strong in the history at NXT. In 2010, A junior from St. Anthony's (NY) and a junior from Abington High School (PA) stepped onto the field looking to get recruited. Seven years ago from this weekend, these players paved their futures into being two of the most recognized, accomplished, and record-breaking lacrosse players in the nation. Matt Rambo and Dylan Molloy, two current MLL players, both participated in the 2010 Boys Philly Showcase.
They started the day as #183 and #342 in the recruiting binders, but as these two teens dominated the lacrosse field, they became the must-see attractions of all the top Division I lacrosse programs at the Showcase. And with good reason, they both eventually went on to win the highest honor in the lacrosse world, the Tewaaraton Award. Going into this weekend, we hope to see the next future lacrosse All-Stars that will break records in years to come.
Charlotte Hounds | University of Maryland | Attack
2017 Tewaaraton Award Winner
Rambo graduated from University of Maryland as a two-time All-American, and the 2017 Tewaaraton Award Winner. He now plays for the Major Lacrosse League's Charlotte Hounds and was their third overall pick in the 2017 draft.
- 2017 Tewaaraton Award Winner
- 2017 Enners Award (Nation's Most Outstanding Player)
- 2x USILA All-American (2017, 2016)
- 2017 First Team All-America (USILA, Inside Lacrosse)
- 3x NCAA All-Tournament Team (2017, 2016, 2015)
- 2017 Big Ten Offensive Player of the Year
- 2017 First Team All-Big Ten (Unanimous)
- 2016 USILA Second Team All-America
- 2016 Big Ten Tournament Most Valuable Player
- 2016 Big Ten All-Tournament Team
- 2016 Honorable Mention All-Big Ten
- 2015 First Team All-Big Ten
Florida Launch | Brown University | Attack
2016 Tewaaraton Award Winner
Molloy graduated from Brown University as a first team All-American, leading the nation in points and the 2016 Tewaaraton Award Winner. He currently plays for the Major Lacrosse League's Florida Launch and was the first overall pick in the MLL draft.
- 2016 Tewaaraton Award Winner
- 2016 Fourth in the nation's all-time NCAA history for most points
- 2016 Led the nation with 118 points (62 goals, 54 assists)
- 2016 First Team All-American
- 2016 USILA Outstanding Player
- 2016 USILA Outstanding Attackman
- 2x Ivy League Player of the Year (2015, 2016)
- New England Player of the Year (2015, 2016)
- 2015 Tewaaraton Award nominee
- 2015 USILA Third Team All-American
- 2014 Honorable Mention All-Ivy Selection
- 4x Ivy League Rookie of the Week (2014)